There are many ways you can get involved
Crown Point Country Historical Society is a 501c3. Membership Dues, Donations, and Brick purchases are fully tax deductible.
Membership Dues are $15 per year.
Members receive the Quarterly Newsletter, Window on the Past , which highlights the history of our area and announces upcoming events. Dues cover January 1st through December 31st. (If you join midyear, the previous newsletters are available to you.)
1. You can download, print and fill out this form (pdf) and send it to us with your check.
2. You can choose to select the below button to sign up and pay (and/or donate) fully online from our web site here:
Like many non-profits, our organization is always in need of volunteers.
In fact, virtually every one of our Committee Chairs including our Webmaster, Pathway Liaisons, Fundraising Chair, etc. would be happy to have a volunteer. We put on Fundraisers, Open Houses at our property and co-host Events with other organizations. We also have a large inventory of museum artifacts and antiquities to maintain, etc. All of these endeavors require volunteers, please contact Sandy Cartissser at 503.695.5153 or Chuck Rollins at 503-695-5821
Purchase a Memorial Brick
This will place your name or someone you wish to honor on either the Pioneer Trail or one of seven pathways. The Pioneer Trail is a walking path which will surround the museum. The Pioneer Trail will honor all the community, past and present. Along the trail will be several divergent “pathways” featuring both permanent and changing displays.
The Seven Pathways:
- Indigenous People: Honoring the Indigenous Peoples of our region
- Rock Hounds Memorial Wall: Honors the generations of Rock Hounds in Oregon. An astounding collection of rocks and minerals will anchor the natural history aspect of the museum.
- Veterans’ Memorial: Honors our Fallen Heroes and their families in our area.
- Farming/Dairying: Honors the hardworking farmers and Dairymen and women of our area.
- Logging/Lumbering: Honors the local people who worked in this difficult and dangerous profession.
- Fishing/Processing: Honors the local people who fished and processed the abundant fish in our region.
- Nursery/Gardening: Honors the people in our area who developed commercial nursery operations as well as the gardeners who made plants an art form.
How to order your Brick
- You can download, print and fill out this form to order your brick and send it to us with your check.
- You can order your brick online using the below button:
Amazon has a wonderful program to assist non-profits. Anytime you wish to order from Amazon, go to www.Smile.Amazon.com instead and place your order on this site. Once the order is place, they will ask you which non-profit you wish to donate to. Just answer Crown Point Country Historical Society and they will donate .05% of your order to us.
To register for Fred Meyer Community Rewards call 1800 Krogers (576-4377, option #3). Give them the name Crown Point Country Historical Society and our number – 92725. You can also enroll or re-enroll on their website. You can re-enroll the same way you enroll.
Go to www.FredMeyer.com/Community, to find Community Programs, find Community Rewards at the bottom of the page, click on Re-enroll or Link Your Card Now, in the box type Crown Point Country Historical Society then click on Search, the name will come up below, put a check mark in the box in from of the name. The name of the organization and the Enroll button letters will turn orange. Hit return to enroll. The page that comes up next will be where you can make changes to your account if you desire. Every time you shop at Fred Meyers they will donate .05% of your purchase to our organization. The donation does not affect your Fred Meyers Rewards Card membership points. You will be sent a reminder annually to renew your Community Rewards for CPCHS. You re-enroll the same way you originally enrolled.